Vitamix Explorian Liberates the Kitchen!
One technology and product that has liberated the culinary world for home cooks and professional chefs are Vitamix Blenders. Vitamix was founded by William G. “Papa” Barnard. Barnard began the task of developing a product to help families eat healthier whole foods. With this goal in mind, Barnard introduced the first blender in 1927… and the rest is history. The purpose of Vitamix is to “liberate and nourish the zest for life”. With this purpose in mind, Vitamix has revolutionized the cooking industry. Cooking has become easier and quicker due to the multi-tasking the Vitamix blender can accomplish.
I have always had a blender that I would use sparingly, mainly for slushy cocktails and then it would sit in the back of my cupboard accumulating dust until the next time I pulled it out. I have been leery about purchasing a Vitamix Blender and wondered if I would use it enough to warrant the steep price tag. A friend of mine introduced me to Vitamix and showed me all of the recipes that she could make with it and how easy and fast it was to use. Well, I ended up buying my first Vitamix, which was the Vitamix - Explorian E310 and I can say I have never looked backed! This has been the best purchase I have made in the kitchen since my garlic press! Healthier recipes have been made from appetizers, to smoothies to sauces to desserts and now I wonder how I ever lived without it!
The Vitamix – Explorian E310 is the perfect size for us. It has a 48oz. container that allows it to sit under my cupboards so that I can grab it quickly and easily. You can purchase one of the larger 64 oz. containers if you feel you need it, however, the majority of us won’t need the larger container. It has a 5-year warranty, an on/off switch, variable speeds from 1 – 10, and a pulse button. It takes all of 30 seconds to become an expert using this blender! It can also use any of the C-Series and G-Series containers, as well as, the 20 oz. cup using the Vitamix Personal Cup Adapter.
As mentioned above, Vitamix has so many recipes for healthy foods that it is hard to choose one. One of my favorites is the Corn Chowder, so creamy and scrumptious! I tweaked the recipe just a little and hope you enjoy it!
Corn Chowder Recipe:
- 2 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup onion
- 1 garlic glove
- 18 oz. small russet potatoes or baby butter potatoes for a creamier finish (cut in half using your Chef’s Knife)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups thawed corn kernels
- ½ cup milk or can add ½ & ½ to make it more decadent
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig finely chopped parsley
- 1 dollop of crème fraise (optional)
- Heat your All Clad medium saucepan (2-3 QTs.) over medium low heat. Sauté onion and garlic in butter until soften, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, broth, and 1 cup corn. Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer potato mixture to Vitamix, add milk and secure lid.
- Turn blender on to Variable 1 and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 10 to 15 seconds or desired chunkiness.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining corn and season with salt and pepper. Garnished with parsley and crème fraise.
Serve with hot sour dough bread and enjoy!
This Vitamix Explorian E310 blender hits the price point for those of us beginning to use a Vitamix. The Explorian E310 is on sale for a very limited time at $399.99 here at Williams Food Equipment, Canada’s largest kitchen supply store. This sale expires on March 17, 2019, so get yours before they are gone!
And to get all the hacks and inspiration you need for your Vitamix experience, check out our complete Vitamix series below:
Not sure the Explorian is the right Vitamix Blender for you, check out one of our many buying Guides: