4 DELICIOUS Pies You Can Make in Your Vitamix
As we have reported before, Vitamix is simple the best blender out there! Between the Ascent Series, which comes with built-in wireless connectivity and 5 program settings, to the Explorian an its powerful 2 horse power motor, and let’s not forget the Heritage Collection G Series which can’t be beat in the blender world, Williams Food Equipment carries them all at peerless prices. Retail Manager and Purchaser Reid Williams loves the 20 Ounce On-The-Go Container for all his blended drink needs as one of his top picks. Works with the S-Series blender just beautifully!
Doing some searching, so many cool ideas and recipes come up for Vitamix pies. These blenders really make life easier in completing so many different recipes. From desserts, entrees, drinks, bread kneading, and dips just to mention a few: The Vitamix can whip up a great pie as well! These recipes were found just by typing Vitamix pies. Finding that perfect recipe is almost as fun as using the blender itself!
First, did you know the Vitamix makes the best pie dough with 6 ingredients? Well, it sure does! Gluten free flour can be substituted for AP flour.
1/3 cup of butter (almost frozen)
1 ¼ cups of AP flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon cold vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons (maybe more or less) ice water
Add everything but the water and vinegar to the Vitamix. Pulse until crumbly. Now incorporate the H2O and vinegar. Pulse until a dough forms. Add or lessen water according to texture. Roll out, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before utilizing this simple yet traditional crust. A dash of cinnamon is a great addition to the recipe we found!
Lemon Curd Pie
Lemon curd can be used in so many ways. But to fill a pie shell and decorate with berries thereafter never goes bad after a successful lunch or dinner. And checking out Eat Drink Cleveland’s blog about an easy lemon curd using her Vitamix, we adapted our own version to try out.
¾ cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
Lots of lemon zest. 2 huge lemons will work.
A pinch of salt
¾ cup of unsalted butter
6 free range medium eggs
1 ¾ cups sugar
Store bought pie crust or shell (homemade is best!)
The order is important to the recipe.
- Place eggs, juice, zest, sugar, and salt in the Vitamix. As with the majority of Vitamix recipes, they are so uncomplicated and so, so good! Merely start on #1 and crank it up to the max for 5 minutes.
- Then, drop down to #3 and slowly incorporate the butter for approximately 30 seconds until smooth, blended, and creamy.
- Cool, and place in a homemade or store-bought pie crust after following the instructions for par-baking, etc. tasty as well.
BANANA CREAM PIE WITH HONEY ROASTED PEANUTS
Out of Nashville comes a great recipe adaptation we like of a banana cream pie with the addition of honey roasted peanuts!? Love and Olive Oil really love their Vitamix. They wanted to use this beast of a kitchen tool as much as possible for this killer dessert.
FOR THE CRUST
6 teaspoons of brown sugar
2 ½ ounces melted, unsalted butter
1 box of chocolate wafer cookies (Minus the 3 you need to eat to make it the correct measurement of course!)
FOR THE FILLING
1 liquid pint each: heavy cream and quality honey
1 peeled banana
4 tablespoons of sugar
8 dashes of vanilla extract (the real stuff)
6 teaspoons of honey
- Place the cookies in your Vitamix set on high speed until ground completely fine.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the brown sugar. Stir in the melted butter until incorporated thoroughly.
- Smash the mix into a 9” spring form or pie pan (up the sides if using a pan). Place in the freezer.
- Wash your cookie crumbs out of your Vitamix for the next step. Repeat the cookie process with the peanuts. Start on #1, go to #10, then high. Keep on keeping on until you have a fantastic peanut butter! Transfer to a bowl for later.
- Using the dirty container, add the banana and honey. Liquify the banana. Usually setting #5 for a minute or so keeps the banana down in the container; and not splattering up due to the Vitamix’s super motor.
- Pour this mixture into the peanut butter and mix til’ blended. Clean cannister fully and dry! An important tip!
- To make the whipped cream, be careful. Place the vanilla, cream, and sugar in the Vitamix. Start on the lowest of low, only to go to #5 for maybe 10 seconds. Go too long, or under a higher #, you will make butter…
- This made a bunch of whipped cream hopefully. Add half to the peanut butter concoction and fold. Save the other half for later.
- Now, place and smooth the blend into the cookie shell. Pipe the rest of the whipped cream around the perimeter to pretty it up.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours or an hour in the freezer if you are in a hurry to try this Vitamix Banana creme-peanut masterpiece.
Genius Kitchen always has cool ideas. Coconut and pies go hand n’ hand. 10 ingredients make this phenomenal pie. And then you pour the mix into a Chloe’s Kitchen 10” Deep Quiche Pan with Removable Bottom for easy baking.
VANILLA COCONUT CUSTARD PIE
1 cup sugar
3 jumbo eggs
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsalted, room temperature butter
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups coconut milk
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup shredded coconut
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Again, how fun is a Vitamix!?
- Throw everything in the cannister and start on low and go to only #5 or #6 for 2 minutes.
- Grease up your Chloe’s Kitchen Pan, place the mixture in, and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for about an hour.
- Top with more shredded coconut, whipped cream, or banana slices once the pie rests for half an hour or more.
The flour in the recipe somehow seems to fall to the bottom while cooking, making its own pseudo-crust kinda. It’s great warm or cold!
Since you probably have dough left over, or are going to the market soon, chicken pot pies are easily done via the Vitamix. This recipe is for those looking for homemade comfort food quickly and hassle-free. All store bough stuff.
VITAMIX CHICKEN POT PIES
A rotisserie chicken
3 jars of turkey gravy
A bag of mixed frozen vegetables
Store bought pie crust or shell (homemade is best!)
- Place chicken pieces you like from the store bough rotisserie chicken (without the bone of course!) into the Vitamix. Using setting #1, fire it up only for a couple of seconds to obtain perfect shredded chicken.
- Pour enough gravy in to make sure there is enough gravy to saturate the chicken.
- Now add the frozen bag of veggies and place in your Staub White Round Ceramic Mini Cocotte set, of course similar will do. Lightly grease with butter. Lay the pie crust in the Cocottes all the way to the top. Fill with the chicken mixture. Fold remaining pie crust over the top and bake using pie manufacturer’s instructions. Let it sit in the oven a minute or two longer with heat off to ensure a cooked, crusty, crust. The Staubs come in a set of three, so invite two friends over for this classic, warming winter pie.
As you can see, the Vitamix does it all! Try the pie recipes, along with the countless other creative ideas and recipes one can find on the World Wide Web. With a computer or a phone, and a Vitamix, the search for successful, satisfying, succulent or sweet suppers or desserts are just a click away!