- Unit consists of plastic container and stainless-steel fine-mesh strainer.
- Converts 3 cups of yogurt into 1 cup of yogurt cheese in about 24 hours.
- Yogurt cheese is low-fat alternative to cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream.
- Dishwasher-safe container seals to prevent odor transfer.
- Simple instructions and recipes for using yogurt cheese included.
Yogurt cheese is a delicious low fat substitute for cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream or whipping cream. Just add yogurt and the unique patented design produces yogurt cheese in 2 to 24 hours.
Yogurt is actually composed of coagulated particles called curds which are suspended in a watery liquid called whey. As the whey is drained off in the strainer, the remaining curd becomes a thick cheese-like spread. The Sealed container prevents odor transfer and provides storage.
This yogurt cheese makes delicious dips, salad dressings, sandwich spreads, even low fat cheesecakes. Spread it on toast, muffins or bagels, or use it on top of potatoes. Serve yogurt cheese plain, or flavor with fruit, sugar or vanilla for a sweeter taste.
Yogurt Cheese Maker Instructions:
1. Clean unit with soap just before each use.
2. Place the strainer in its plastic container and add up to 3 cups of homemade or commercial yogurt to the strainer. Makes up to 1 cup.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yogurt will continue to thicken for up to 24 hours.
4. When yogurt has reached the desired thickness, drain off whey and reserve for other recipes. Remove yogurt from strainer and transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 2 week.
There are no reviews for this product yet.