Home Chefs New Year's Resolutions
New year - New You!
We all go in with our inspiration to eat healthier and incorporate more fresh food into our meals with the added benefit of saving money - valiant goal, worthy of follow-through. Let's get inspired by some recipes that will make use of that quality kitchen equipment you saved so long to get. Now, pull out your kitchen gadgets, stove top gear and bake ware we have in our kitchens. Some of this stuff you may have even acquired over the holidays! Let's put your kitchen gear to good use with these recipes meant specifically for quality cookware. And if you see something you don't have yet - check out our sale, it may just be time to get that missing piece at a post-holiday price!
Preparing the best version of any of the big three meals of the day is easily accomplished with proper cookware. Using brands such as Le Creuset, Vitamix, Staub, Gastrolux, Demeyere, All-Clad, and Zwilling J.A. Henckles at unbelievable sale prices certify an incredibly cooked meal every time! Eggs any style you wish to make turn out perfect, soups are sublime, fish is at its flakiest, and desserts are delectable with these products and more.
If you are looking to up your kitchen game and have been putting off due to finances, you're in luck! The Zwilling J.A. Henckels - TruClad, 10 Piece Cookware Set is on sale at 50% off! A 6 quart stock pot, a 3 quart sauté pan with lid, a 1 and 2 quart saucepan with lid, as well as an 8 and 10” frying pans come all together to start your own, in-home restaurant designed for your family and friends to enjoy meals for years at only $439.99. A lifetime warranty from Zwilling J.A. Henckels confirms the quality of these tri-ply, 500 oven safe, stainless steel cookware set.
Or, if you are looking for a special piece, one piece at a time, then check out Demeyere - 12.5" Proline Frying Pan. 18/10 stainless steel, 7 ply construction, and a Coolcast handle makes this one of the premiere frying pans available. Save $150 now on a pan that can fry all the way to the rim with an unheard-of 30-year manufacture and material warranty for the home chef. Now only $349.99
Home Chef Breakfast
Now that you have the best equipment, breakfast is super simple. The Demeyere Frying Pan will take care of everything. This recipe isn’t healthy, but hey, it tastes so goooood!
FRIED EGGS DONE CORRECTLY (SUNNY-SIDE UP)
The traditional eggs and bacon with a delightful potato side that shakes this dish up just a bit. It will be clear there are home chef skills at work here. Flavours to delight your palate and impress your family.
- As many pieces of bacon as you like
- 1 or 2 extra-large or jumbo egg,pending appetite
- On medium heat, cook your bacon slices until brown and crispy. Just a bit of bacon grease will be needed to fry up a great morning.
- Pour out all the grease safely. The leftover sheen will be perfect for your eggs! Gently crack each egg into a small bowl such as The Rego 4.5 ounce Bright White Fruit Bowl. This ensures if you do accidentally drop a shell in, you can retrieve it without worry.
- Add the egg(s) to the pan which is pre-heated back to medium with remaining sheen of bacon fat.
- In 60 seconds, cover the pan. The typical reference point for doneness is:
4 minutes sunny and still runny.
5 minutes is medium.
6 minutes is a hard yolk that crumbles.
Over-easy is easy with a Demeyere. At the 60 second marker, gently flip the egg. Cook for another 60 seconds. Season your fried egg with salt and pepper. And dunk your bacon in that gorgeous yolk.
Eggs are always the star at breakfast. But adding pesto potatoes livens up any start of the day. Homemade pesto complements these crusty potatoes perfectly.
- 1-pound bag baby yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 ¾ cups fresh basil (stems removed)
- 1 large clove garlic(pressed)
- 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Boil potatoes until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Smash each potato flat on a baking sheet using a heavy pan. While potatoes boil, make the pesto.
- Simply add all pesto ingredients to the Cuisinart Elemental 8 cup Food Processor (excluding oil). Drizzle in the olive oil while blending ingredients on low speed. Add a bit of water if needed to the pesto sauce.
- In a pre-heated oven at 450, add a dash of oil, salt and pepper to each smashed potato. Cook until nice and GBD (golden brown and delicious!). This usually takes 25 minutes.
- Once cooked to perfection, simply add a dollop of pesto to each potato and serve with your gourmet breakfast.
Boiling those potatoes is a pretty cool feeling when you are doing it in an All-Clad 10 Piece Copper Core Cookware Set. The copper and aluminum, along with the magnetic stainless-steel shell allows the most even of cooking on all surfaces. Broiler safe at 500, and 18/10 stainless steel interior make broiling to add that flawless crust, to the clean-up later, an ease. The best part is the sale price! You will SAVE an incredible $1,047 and get this all-purpose kitchen super hero set for only $1,199 now! Saving over a thousand dollars and obtaining copper cookware is a no-brainer for those serious about their home chef kitchen.
While cleaning up breakfast, starting lunch, or the first course at dinner can be started. During this cold January, soup is always welcome. Tomato Bolognese is a great Italian dish! Making it into a hearty soup is a different way to present this classic plate.
Home Chef Lunch
Tomato Bolognese Soup
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 large garlic clove (pressed)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes ( with juice)
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 large celery stalks (diced slanted and thin)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 large carrots (diced)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- ½ pound spaghetti
- Chiffonade basil (topping to taste)
- Parmesan cheese (topping to taste)
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan. Heat on medium-high. Cook beef until nearly all browned and crumbled. Discard fat.
- Place salt and pepper (to taste and health restrictions), as well as the onion and garlic. Cook through until onions become translucent.
- Pour the wine in until absorbed into the mixture.
- Now, add the tomato can and paste, along with 3 cups of the beef broth. Cover and cook for an hour.
- Add celery and carrots to your sauce pan. Simmer for another hour.
- Transfer all ingredients to the Zwilling J.A. Henckles 8 Qt Stock Pot with Lid. Insert the uncooked pasta and the last cup of beef broth to the stock pot. Cook on medium-high until the pasta is al dente (usually another 15 minutes).
- Place soup in a Paderno Soup Bowl. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan as an attractive addition. Enjoy!
Home Chef Dessert
Any good home chef knows that decadent desserts are impressive after a successful dinner party. Keeping with the Italian-themed menu for the day, let’s end it with a Tortino al Limoncello. This lemony cheese cake is a delight whether it be winter, spring, summer, or fall.
TORTINO AL LIMONCELLO
- 1 ¼ cups crushed lemon shortbread cookies
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 12 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup limoncello liqueur
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 large eggs
- Lemon zest (1 lemon)
- Pulse the cookies in the food processor until crumbly.
- In a Browne 9” Non Stick Springform Pan, smoosh the cookie crumbs forming a base. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes until cookies start to color. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place the Ricotta in a bowl. Whip with a KitchenAid Onyx Black 5 Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer until creamy.
- Slowly add the sugar 1st, then the heavy whipping cream. Mix until all components are smooth and creamy.
- Now, incorporate the Limoncello and flour.
- Lastly, add the eggs and lemon zest until well blended.
- Bake at 350 for 75 minutes.
- Kill the oven and leave the cake in for another 45 minutes. Once golden brown, let cool. Place in the fridge until completely chilled to serve.
These are some great recipes for a full-days Italian themed menu. Cuisine from these great cookware brands always produce the greatest results. Using quality returns quality. The price is right this month to try why the pros use this stuff at their own home and in their restaurants. Come back and visit our blog weekly to continue to be inspired to meet your 2019 Home Chef New Year's Resolutions.